Saturday, May 8, 2010

Fruit



“The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control”
Galatians 5


I find this fruit abounding. I partake of its nourishment willingly. I allow the juices to cascade off my chin while sweet aroma fills my nostrils. I have no allergy. I consume and I digest. I feast upon the bounty.


“Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit.”
Galatians 5


Since I have found life within the Spirit and the evidence of Spirit within others, I am now allowed to bear fruit; not for personal consumption, but for the nourishment of another. As the body of Christ we must nourish one another and find nourishment within one another. There is no law concerning this; demanding our duty. Instead there is an orchard, a vineyard, a garden beckoning harvest; inviting participation.

Christ came that we may have life, and have it abundantly. Life begots life. Just as fruit contains the seed for the next generation so our love, our joy, our peace, our patience, our kindness, our goodness, our faithfulness, our gentleness, our self-control contains the direction, the instruction, and the nourishment for the next.

May we feast upon the Glory of God, found within Christ, found within creation, found within others, and found within our self. Then may we offer our fruit, while it’s in season.

No comments: