Thursday, November 20, 2008

Delicacy

“I want to have my keel deep and stable in the once-for-all biblical revelation of God, yet I also want to have my sails unfurled to every movement of God's Spirit upon the deeps.” John Piper

Great quote…

Lord, steep our souls in your word. Direct us in the path of contemplation and reflection. Help us to digest your word so that it is written in our hearts. So that we taste it, not just as sustenance – but as delicacy to be savored. Do not allow a simple academic study of a book, but grace us with a touch so deep that the ground shakes.

Lord, as your Spirit guides, let us have faith to follow. Let us be irrational in our love for you and our love for your sons and daughters. Let us be sustained by your power and your glory. When we fall, Lord, lift us up by the light of your face found within the Word.

2 comments:

Mark and Tammy said...

Daniel,

So good to see this John Piper quote again. I checked your site last night and was disappointed you had not done anything since Nov 5.

Keep writing...and post more often...the world needs to hear more words from your insights...
Mark M

Anonymous said...

Mark, that is the same thing I said to him last night...that he had not written since Nov. 5 and he had just told me the most wonderful story...so Daniel, BLOG it!!! Your insights make God more real to us.

Me