Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Naked

Naked, Samuel sat in the playroom last night. With anguish he cried. He had previously been given direction. He was instructed to put all the crayons back in their box before he could go to bed. What misery he struggled with. The thought of this service was to much. How could his Father allow such injustice in his life?

I approached, kneeled down and said, “Listen to me. I want you to start picking up these crayons and I want you to notice what happens. Just start and see what happens.”

With heavy arms he slowly dredged his way through the pain and began to place a few lone Crayolas back to there original state. First an Orange, then a Green, maybe a Black, half of a Pink. Slowly the process began.

I then began to assist him with his purpose. Large fist full’s at a time where falling from my hands into the box.

I asked, “See what is happening? What is happening Samuel?”

Silence. (ok, maybe a whimper or two)

“Open your eyes, son. Can you see? Can you see what is happening? Look. See?”

I’m not sure he understood completely, but we reviewed.

When he began the task at hand his Father began to help. When he started. When he submitted to the calling, Daddy did most of the work. I drilled these ideas until he recited back, “You helped me.”

“Why did I help?”

“Because I started and because you love me.”

If there is something that has been assigned for you to do, I simply want to remind you GOD will help. He will do most of the work, but only if you start and only because he loves you and he wishes to teach you a lesson.

No comments: