Monday, July 14, 2008

Wash with Water - Purify with Fire

"I baptize you with water for repentance. But after me will come one who is more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not fit to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.” Matt. 3:11

“I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.” John 3:5

“When the day of Pentecost came, they were all together in one place. Suddenly a sound like the blowing of a violent wind came from heaven and filled the whole house where they were sitting. They saw what seemed to be tongues of fire that separated and came to rest on each of them. All of them were filled with the Holy Spirit” Acts 2:1-4

“I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed! Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.” Luke 12:49-51



There is an ancient thought of paradise based on the dynamic harmony between water and fire that invades your heart and clarifies your mind when manifested in the above scriptures.

The suggestion has been made that these two opposites actually encourage unity, that they share a form of symbiotic relationship.

So are you a follower of Water or Fire? Truth or Spirit?

Beautifully, the two hold hands more often than one might expect.

No comments: